Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life experiences

The quote for the week is: "Life is pain, your highness. Anyone who tells you differently is selling something." Now, I don't really believe that, though it sounds awesome in a British accent. I actually think life is quite good. Despite all the cruel ironies and unexpected events, I believe that life is worth living. I know that Heavenly Father is in charge, that He won't leave me to deal with my problems alone. I also know that there is a happy ending around here somewhere, and that if I'm patient enough, I will eventually find it.

3 comments:

  1. I think patience is the keyword here, at least for me. I used to be rather impatient, wanting to leap through school and grad school and career and on to something greater, but towards the end of last semester I finally realized that you just have to enjoy the journey. And it isn't pain, luckily. I think I was in much more pain when I was only looking at where I wanted to be and not looking at what was going on around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiersty,

    What a wonderful testimony and outlook on the many unique experiences of this life. As I look back on my life (that sounded like I'm old or something! :) ) I can see the numerous blessings that have been showered on my life as a result of particularly challenging experiences (Mission, Schooling, Dating, etc.). Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do actually find some truth in that saying (I guess drawing from my own experience again). I don't know that pain is always bad. I find a kind of satisfaction by growing from pain and difficult things. I am finding that most things that are good come with some pain and with a lot of difficulty/growth.

    ReplyDelete