Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Little Things...

Alright, alright...So I know it's not Thanksgiving, but I love this video! I remember the first time I saw it I couldn't help but email it to all of my family and friends. Each person in the video has a unique circumstance in life, yet each is specifically grateful for a variety of blessings. Some seem to be of larger importance, miracles even, while others are day to day occurances, yet they all merit gratitude.

Isn't it inspiring to see how some of these New Yorkers recognize even the simplest of their blessings each day! -- Muffins, donuts, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, when the MTA works and I get to class on time, when someone doesn't get in a fight on the train, when you're skating down the street and a taxi driver sticks his head out of the window and says "get off the street" yah I'm grateful when that doesn't happen... :) -- Often times I thing we take such simple things for granted, and even fail to recognize them as blessings until they are taken away from us.

May we take time to recognize the simple yet sweet blessings that we often take for granted!

"Let us give thanks for what we are and for the circumstances God has given us for our personal journey through mortality."

Elder Dallin H. Oaks

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of being grateful for the things that don't happen. Life could be so much worse than it is and I'm so grateful that it's not! Life is good, but it seems even better when we think about what it could be like. Finding joy in little things helps me be much happier even when other parts of life don't go as I'd hope.

    ReplyDelete