Wednesday, February 17, 2010




Time has everything to do with leadership and service. Time is the only thing that we can control in our lives and, thus, is the only thing that differentiates leaders from those around them. There are other factors that play into our destinies, but as far as what we control, it all has to do with time. Even divine help may come, or be stayed, as a result of how we use our time.



I strongly believe that we build or mold ourselves into the people that we are. At the end of our lives we will have developed certain talents, skills, habits and characteristics that will all flow from how we use our time. One of my heroes is Winston Churchill. The more I studied his life, the more I wondered how he could accomplish so much within a normal life span. One of the only conclusions that I could come to was that he used his time differently than others. I strongly believe that grades, success in a family or social life and our relationship with God are all directly related to how we use our time. I believe that learning how to use time effectively is one of the most important things we can do.


Perhaps the most difficult thing for me is not just using time effectively, but
choosing between all the important things that I have to do. There is not nearly enough time to do everything that I want, and so I continually have to decide how important my time with friends, my time in school, and my time strengthening my testimony are to me. I guess this will always be a struggle. My twofold goal, then, is to effectively use my time to accomplish my carefully prioritized list of what I need to do.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the comments about Time. It is something that we all have (even if we don't think we do), and what separates us as individuals is how we choose to spend that time. BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that setting priorities is difficult. It's a struggle when so many things start piling on top of one another and all of them seem important. I think that making a list of priorities is a great help in using time effectively, but it's one of the most difficult skills to master.

    ReplyDelete