Tuesday, February 9, 2010

While I was making this, I wanted to include a movie reference, but it didn't seem to fit with the format of the slide, so I'll put it here. As you'll soon discover if you spend any amount of time with me, I will take any excuse to quote Emperor's New Groove. It makes me laugh and it reminds me that life is full of "cruel ironies" and that when life "by all accounts [just] doesn't make sense," I can still laugh about it. If you can name the parts of the movie those quotes came from and which characters said them, I'll be rather impressed. That's all for now.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your words of wisdom, and i too have to remind myself to be positive many times. I think we all ask ourselves during the semester, why we are always adding more extra things to our plates, but i think we really want to serve, and make a difference. I also love the emperor's new groove by the way! haha your quotes made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your variation of font was an interesting to change it up. I can definitely relate. My first semester on the council, I absolutely couldn't do it halfway - I had to fall in love with what we were doing in order to really want to contribute. Kudos to you for remember the power of choice. Your last paragraph was especially applicable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!! Disney made it onto the blog! Thank you!
    I can really relate the the time it takes to do some of the things needed for the council. It is always fun, but there are moments when I feel like I am in over my head. Glad to hear I am not alone! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent message. Although I often take charge of situations and demand responsibility, I later feel overwhelmed with deadlines and wish for the days of yesteryear when responsibility meant eating all of my vegetables. I like this simple message of be positive, be grateful, and do your best. Sounds easier than do more, more, more.
    Thanks Kiersty!

    ReplyDelete