Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Where in the world is Kiersty Lemon? Currently, I am in the HLRC, in the JFSB, on BYU campus, in Provo, Utah, in the USA, on the Planet Earth, in the Orion arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, in a much larger Universe. Of course, this is a strictly literal statement. When I ask myself where I am in school, my answer is more like this: I am a student, a year away from graduating with a bachelor's degree in Spanish and a minor in Humanities. I plan to apply to the Spanish Master's program and continue to study Spanish literature. If I ask where I am in life, the answer is much the same includes my relationships with my friends and family, my ward, my roommates, my apartment complex, my home teachers, the friends I eat lunch with, the time I spend reading, walking, country dancing, talking, reading comics, quoting, TAing, studying, writing, etc... These things help define who I am and where I am, and when I know that I have a clearer picture of where I want to go and whether that's where I'm headed.

2 comments:

  1. Kiersty,

    Well, now I know where you are at! Good to know! I really liked all of the quotes you had on your blog, very optimistic! That is the best thing to do when it is crazy, just be positive and love life! Its looking like you are loving life on the Orion arm of the Milky Way galaxy, so keep that up! MUY BIEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The opening in your post gave me a sudden urge to google "Carmen Sandiego."

    And your zoom-out effect on where you are made me laugh. That was clever. I also never knew that you were majoring in Spanish, nor that you TA (that is a verb now), nor that you like to write, nor your many other hobbies! I like that I got to know you better in this post. Thanks for putting it up.

    ReplyDelete