Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Where I am at

I, like Liz, though momentarily blinded by my extreme desire to not be here in Provo (Oooooh Ryan) and dying for the semester to be over, realized that I am quite happy right where I am. I love my classes and the things I am learning. I love being on the council and the things I learn from you guys. I love being on SAC- today we got to meet with President Samuelson and he is PRETTY COOL. I also love that I go to BYU where I get to hear cool famous people speak at forums and devos, like Captain Lovell today. I am grateful for my free agency that I can skip class and go home and watch Apollo 13 after devotional... I love being married. It is so fun and so different than what I expected. I love my ward- Peter and his new wife Kortney just moved into it! I love the prospect of spring coming, and all my plans for summer. My husband just bought me a jeep, which has always been my dream to own and it is rad. I am so excited for all the Moab trips I am going to go on. I am also grateful for my health and my youth, which I am determined to make the most of. I am so grateful to be what I am, where I am and feel so blessed in my life right now.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Emily! New jeep...life does seem pretty good :) ! I almost felt like singing the hymn Count Your Many Blessings after reading your post because it was so specific and full of gratitude for all that you currently enjoy. What a great reminder to be grateful for the NOW and all that makes it so wonderful, rather than giving into the temptation to always be wishing for tomorrow. Thanks for your post! It was inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, general authorities usually are PRETTY COOL! Lol! It is amazing how many incredible experiences you are having during this phase of your life! Live it up sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the most positive, yet, straight to the point person that I know. What a great post! I have to admit, if I had to make up a list of things that I love, it would either be very short or superficial. I am grateful for a lot of things, but that is different from loving something. Hopefully with the new jeep, I won't need to pick you and your husband up on the side of the freeway, again. :)

    ReplyDelete