Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Pulse ... Right ... Now!

It has been a really hectic week! Up until this week things have gone great. Really great:
Last Friday I had to go to Idaho for a traffic ticket (I was seeking justice by fighting the charges). I won.
This semester I got my first 100% on a test at BYU (it was on my new favorite book-Tolstoy's War and Peace).
My wife got an interview for the MBA program at the Marriott School of Business.
BYU made it out of the first round of the NCAA tournament.
I found out that I am going to Chicago for a week this summer!
In other words, life has been really going great!
This last week however:
I have a take home test (why do professors do this?!?).
I have a class presentation (this class...).
I have to another class presentation for 30 min. (War and Peace again...).
I have a deadline for a paper... that I am not ready to write... yet...
I am getting a new district of young missionaries this week.

I know I am going to make it. I am not worried about surviving, but rather how well will I survive. I remember when Elder Eyring said that our goal is not to simply endure the storms of life, but to endure them well.
It is always a rush this time of year (last midterms until finals start). I love the feeling that comes with stretching to new limits. It helps me know I am on the right path.
Some things I do to keep going:
Read the Word (the Holy Word of God).
Play Basketball once (Wednesday night for 30 min.).
Eat regularly.
Sleep regularly.
Pray very regularly.

2 comments:

  1. Tim I really enjoyed talking to you the other day while we were doing Choose to Give: I have resolved to give Anna Karenina another chance.

    Thanks for sharing what's going on in your life: congrats about the MBA interview for your wife and good job with fighting the traffic ticket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Tim! And that is awesome about your wife making it into the MBA program. I think you've got your priorities right...keep praying, and somehow the Lord will send His tender mercies amidst all the chaos.

    ReplyDelete