Monday, March 29, 2010


I don't know that there's much to add to this post... other than to include a movie quote. Hmm.... Which one? Which one? Also... from the same movie: "In my defense, your potions all look alike. You might think about relabeling some of them."
I'll include a couple more, because there'll be no more WAC's after this week. (Alas!)
1. "'What else is there?' You should write a book! 'How to offend a woman in five syllables or less!'"
2."Sink me, the lady's a poet."
3. "Let me esplain. No. There is too much. Let me sum up."
4. "I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the wookie win."
5. "To lose one parent, Mr. Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune. To lose both looks like carelessness."
6. "If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it."
7. "Can you be a leetle more especific?"
8. "This is ridiculous, what am I doing here, I'm in the wrong story!"
9. "Have fun storming the castle!"
Well, I think that's it. It's been a great semester. Life is good. In fact, life is beautiful. Abbiamo vinto! (name that movie... it should be easy.)

3 comments:

  1. First, let me just say that I LOVE your movie quotes. The Scarlet Pimpernel is one very under-appreciated movie. There are WAY too many people who haven't seen it.
    As for your post, of course it's true. Loving people requires that we get hurt, but in the end it's worth it (usually). Love and charity help us learn things that we wouldn't learn otherwise, and for that I am grateful! Charity suffereth long, right? We know that. So can we really complain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we could complain, but usually that just makes us more unhappy than we already are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete